Thursday, April 5, 2012

Yes, I know another long time between updates...  Photo above is of an iris that is growing next to my house.

Have been working on the garden, it is full of dirt and plants now.  Something is eating my cucumbers.  They have not even grown, but are getting eaten.  I think it is the wild rabbits.  I got some stuff to put around the garden to repel them.  I should just trap them and eat them.  Probably not, if the stuff I got does not work, I will look at fencing it in.

I got several plants at Home Depot's "Black Friday" sale last weekend.  Three tomatoes, sweet banana pepper, bee balm and basil.  I also got some other stuff I needed.  They all look good in the garden, and the lettuce, chard and wax beans that were started from seed in the garden are growing great as well.  I hope at least one cucumber survives.

I found a problem with my tractor, which explained why it was not mowing properly.  The lever that adjusts the mower deck was not seated properly on the hinge post, so the deck was just bouncing up and down.  I was able to get it back on the post, and then put a cotter pin to keep it from coming off again.  It does mow better, but the blades still need to be sharpened.  I just need to find the right page of the manual to take the deck off and then sharpen the blades.  Ahhhhh, projects.

The media server is working exceptionally well.  I should have built one a long time ago.  It is really cool to be able to just drag and drop stuff on iTunes again.  Sounds silly, but things like this really can make me happy...

The Apple TV3 is really amazing.  The quality of the video is fantastic.  Even the stuff I have that was encoded for the original Apple TV looks better, and when I have stuff that is encoded for the aTV3, I am just amazed at how good it looks and sounds.  As a test, I redid Avatar, as I have it on BluRay, and I can easily tell the difference between the two aTVs, and between the aTV1 and the BluRay.  Between the aTV3 and the BluRay?  Not really.  Maybe if I had a bigger TV or a better sound system.  I am really happy with the aTV3.  Now for a bigger TV.  Bah, probably not...

1 comment: