Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Busy But Good Day

Cut a bunch of steaks and made bacon today.  That was good.  Getting ready for the weekend, stocking up on all the steaks and regular production items so that I can spend tomorrow and Friday making salami, or the fun stuff...  Cooked 40 pounds of beef summer sausage today, will have to sample it tomorrow.  I smoked it on Monday for several hours, and it looks really good.  Hopefully it will be delicious, but I am sure it will be.

Ended up staying late to help the restaurant out because of a band tonight.  Tomorrow is inventory, ugh.  I hate inventory, but it has to be done...

Still thinking of how I want to redo my kitchen.  Other than painting the other rooms, that is going to be my first major home improvement project.  I think I am going to build an island with a 36 inch induction cooktop.  That will really cut down my work triangle, but I do not know for sure.  I would love it, but I may just end up living with it for quite awhile as of course the stuff I want is EXPENSIVE.  Really though, I will be living with it for the rest of my life, and it will make me happy.  So I will see what happens.  Quite a lot depends on if I can remove the wall from between the kitchen and dining room.  If it is load bearing, I probably cannot easily do it, and that may change my mind on what I want to do.  Whatever I do though it will involve induction burners as those are awesome, and I really do want a wall mounted double oven.  Ahhh I do love owning my own house, could never even think about this if I was in an apartment or a rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment