Thursday, December 1, 2011

I HATE Paperwork!

Today was inventory.  About my most favorite thing in the world.  NOT!  Then I cut steaks and made andouille.  I tried the beef summer sausage.  Not my most favorite, but still tasty.  I think it needed more smoke.  Oh well, I will make notes and improve on it next time.

After making the andouille, I was costing recipes.  Right after inventory, that is my second favorite thing.  I just love sitting at the computer and punching in recipes and prices.  Well not really, but it has to get done.  It is all good.  I really need to write the database I have been working on for a couple of years that will do all of it for me.  Yea, I think that is what I really need to work on.

I have been playing around with blogger looking at how I can put pictures and recipes up as well as blog posts.  I think I have it figured out.  Maybe tonight when I am done with the recipe costing (yes, I am taking a break) I will see what I can do.

Still pondering my dream kitchen.  I need to look and see if I can find an inexpensive kitchen design program that runs on a Mac.  That would help me visualize how it might look.  Or I guess I can go measure everything and have the people at Home Depot do it for me.  Or maybe Lowes.  One or the other will do it I am pretty sure, I think I saw a sign stating that.

Tomorrow it is charcuterie Friday.  40 pounds of pickles, sauerkraut, pepperone and whatever else I decide to make.  Maybe some beef bologna too as I still have a lot of cow.

4 comments:

  1. which type of database will you use? I love databases. I'm a weirdo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. You're a Mac guy. I like, scratch that, Love, Access.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Access? Puke... I hate MS orofice

    ReplyDelete