Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Happy Stove!


When I bought my house, I did not have much in the way of kitchen smallware.  Really all I had was the cast iron skillet pictured above on the top in the center.  This has been rectified now.  My incredibly awesome girlfriend got me the All-Clad fry pan and sauce pan on the left and right in the top row in the picture.  I added the de Buyer French chefs pan on the lower left and the Lodge Pro Logic cast iron sauté pan on the lower right.  This collection is the best cookware I have ever owned, and really the best I have ever used.  Good pans do not a good cook make, but they can help make fantastic food when used by a skilled craftsman.

The de Buyer pan still needs to be seasoned, when properly seasoned it will be black and non stick, just like a properly seasoned cast iron pan.  I will probably season it this weekend, or maybe take it to work where there are industrial vent hoods.  I do need to get a hood at home, probably really will be my first real project I attempt.  I need to talk to an expert on how to vent it outside, and see if I can find an inline exhaust fan to get some good airflow.  I still have not decided on how I want to redo the kitchen, but with these pans, I am ready for induction, which is what I want.  To round out the collection, I want to add a Lodge cast iron Dutch oven, another All-Clad sauce pan, but a smaller one, an All-Clad stock pot and an All-Clad Windsor pan.  I also need to come up with a cool way to display all of them when not in use because they are worth showing off, not hidden in a cabinet when not in use.

1 comment:

  1. I'm seeing a pot rack or maybe some sort of wall hook system in your future (I only have 1 cast iron skillet hanging on the wall myself ... in the worlds smallest kitchen).

    ReplyDelete