Sunday, June 7, 2015

Big Update

Okay, so really I have to update this more often.  Really, really, really I do.  There has been tons of stuff going on with me.  I've hinted around about this but...

Gordon Street Tavern is now a brewpub!  I've brewed 5 batches so far, and with the limited release we have had fantastic feedback!  I am working on getting the two most popular beers, a golden ale called Shep 'n John's (after Alvin Morgan's two companions a dog and goose.  Alvin Morgan is the founder of Alvin) and GST Hefe into a pipeline.  By this I mean that when a batch is done brewing, there is a fermenter vessel available.  When the batch is done fermenting there are kegs available for it to go into. It is a rolling system involving at least 3 different beers.  I think I am going to need more fermentation vessels.  I know I am going to need a better way to keep track of everything other than the postit notes I'm using now.  I need a database to do all this...

Anyways, I put a gose on tap yesterday, it was made with Galveston County Jurassic salt, so it is a bit salty and tart from the acidulated malt.  It did not come out as tart as I wanted but it is extremely drinkable and has an incredible white head.  I wanted to call it "No No No, there is one O in gose, boys" but nobody got it...  So for now it is just GST Gose.

Oh yea, watermelon and pork belly salad returns on Tuesday the 9th of June, we have Hibernal Dichotomus to go with it.  Come get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment